Triad, Scale, and Interval Apps
These apps work very well across all platforms - desktop, pad, smartphone.
The Melodic and Rhythmic Dictation apps
These apps work best on desktop, where the performance is excellent. However, the performance on mobile device varies according to the strength of the wifi signal or cellular network.
The Quizlet Sets
The Student can choose from 6 activities: Flashcards, Learn, Speller, Test, Scatter, and Space Race.
NOTE: These activites are not equally suitable for the study of ALL sets. The teacher will find the usability charts provided to be a useful starting point in determining which activities to use for the various study sets. Please review the following resources carefully:
Helpful Notes on the Quizlet Activities
- When using sets containing images 1) change the "START WITH" setting (found on the right hand panel) to "Photos" and, 2) use the "Shuffle" button to randomize the order.
- This activity requires exact spelling. It's best to study the spellings used in the list you see when you first open the set. For example, "D-flat" will be incorrect when the list spells "D flat" (no hyphen).
- Not suitable for certain sets where the same answer is used repeatedly, and best used for definitions for levels 5 through 12.
- For best results, go to "Question Types" (on the right panel) and uncheck "Matching". Also, set the "Start With" section to "Photos".
- This activity is effective for all types of study sets. However, avoid using this activity on mobile phones.
- Space Race
- This activity can only be used on a desktop and involves quick typing. It is generally not ideal for younger students unless the answers are very short (for example, note identification or interval identification).
NOTE: When using Quizlet on your mobile device, it is best to download the Quizlet app for best results. However, this is not necessary.
More Quizlet Info
Create a class for your students
If this is not enough to get you started, Quizlet has many helpful links at their Help Center
Still not sure? Please don't hesitate to email for help.
© 2014 Primo Publishing, All Rights Reserved.